Now in its 3rd year,Festival2Funky was an inspired celebration of Black music and arts, which ranfrom 23-29 May 2016. This year, the festival will expanded from 1 to 7 days,and was based entirely at the newly rebranded 2Funky Music Café in Leicester’svibrant West End.
The festival encompassed Reggae, Soul, Drum ‘n’ Bass, Afro beats, Funk, House,R&B, dub, spoken word and Jazz. Exhilarating live performances and open micsets, across these genres, featured alongside masterclasses, graffitiworkshops, DJ sets, comedy and after parties.
The line up included:
• Grime MC P Money, whose tracks have featuredartists such as Chipmunk and Lethal Bizzle.
• London-based instrumentalists The Compozers, whohave worked with some of the biggest names on the UK urban/ Afro Beats scene.
• Artist, speaker, writer and spoken word performerSuli Breaks, whose Youtube channel has generated over 12 million views, withfans including Will Smith.
• Rose Windross – the distinctive voice thatlaunched legendary UK act Soul II Soul.
• Nadia Rose, one of the UK’s most promisingrappers, who performed as part of an ILUVLIVE event.
• Brazillian percussionist and composer AdrianoAdewale, who performed family-friendly world jazz (linking in with The SparkArts For Children.)
• Urban comedy from Quncy, Thanyia Moore, ChrisChrissaay and Annette Fagon.
Watch this space for detailson the 2017 festival!
Should Black History Month be scrapped or revamped?
inviting DJ's to do a DJ guest Mix consisting of a mixture of their sounds incorporated with Asian Beats
This April, arts and culture organisations, community groups, societies and artists are coming together to gi