Suits & Saris showcase
On Friday 1 June 2012, 2Funky Arts organised Suits and Saris Showcase, in a massive celebration of Eastern and Western music, dance and fashion. Taking place at New Walk Museum & Art Gallery, this performance complemented Dress The World: Suits and Saris, a high profile exhibition at the same venue.
The event included a varied menu of singers, dancers, musicians, poets and fashion designs. With thanks to the following performers, who wowed an appreciative crowd:
- Asian dance groups Nupur Arts and Darpan Dance.
- Seven year old dancer Leah, who performed a solo Asian piece.
- Contemporary Ballet company Sickle, who infused their dance piece with Eastern music.
- Word- Smith Nijah
- Fast- pace drapper Bossman
- Hip-Hop rap duo Lacky C and Sly
After the performance was a special viewing of the exhibition, as well as two exclusive mini fashion shows by Chill Enterprise. What an inspirational event!
YOUTH MUSIC EVOLVE - FREE MUSIC ACTIVITY WEEK Free music programme
Temple Education in association with Robin Walker will be facilitating a introductory session to the course Black Empowerment Studies.
DeMontfort University and DMU Music Society present the 'Town and Gown Gig' as part of DMU's 'Enhancement Week'.