Suits & Saris showcase
On Friday 1 June 2012, 2Funky Arts organised Suits and Saris Showcase, in a massive celebration of Eastern and Western music, dance and fashion. Taking place at New Walk Museum & Art Gallery, this performance complemented Dress The World: Suits and Saris, a high profile exhibition at the same venue.
The event included a varied menu of singers, dancers, musicians, poets and fashion designs. With thanks to the following performers, who wowed an appreciative crowd:
- Asian dance groups Nupur Arts and Darpan Dance.
- Seven year old dancer Leah, who performed a solo Asian piece.
- Contemporary Ballet company Sickle, who infused their dance piece with Eastern music.
- Word- Smith Nijah
- Fast- pace drapper Bossman
- Hip-Hop rap duo Lacky C and Sly
After the performance was a special viewing of the exhibition, as well as two exclusive mini fashion shows by Chill Enterprise. What an inspirational event!
Should Black History Month be scrapped or revamped?
inviting DJ's to do a DJ guest Mix consisting of a mixture of their sounds incorporated with Asian Beats
This April, arts and culture organisations, community groups, societies and artists are coming together to gi